Garden Club News
The Garden Club members met in September to make cascarones which will be sold at the Hidden Forest Fall Festival on October 21st. The next meeting will be on October 25th, at 9:30 at the Clubhouse We will be making bows to sell at Christmas to decorate the neighborhood mailboxes. If you’re interested in learning more about the Garden Club, or attending a meeting, please contact Toni Dunn at 210-494-9962 or Susan Hawthorne at 210-495-1921.
- Late September to early December is the prime times to purchase and plant fall bulbs for spring flowering color. Popular fall bulb varieties include tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocus. Timing is important for bulbs to have enough time to produce a good strong root system before spring.
- Plant trees and shrubs, and be sure to keep them well watered.
- Plant cool season annuals such as mums, asters, petunias, dianthus, petunias, snapdragons and pansies.
- Prune rose bushes back by one third to encourage maximum flowering.
- Mow grass at the highest level.
- Fall is a great time to visit local gardens such as the Botanical Gardens and the Japanese Tea Garden for gardening ideas and to enjoy the array of beautiful plants.
- Decorate your porch with pumpkins. Look for ones that are firm, unblemished and have their stems still attached.
"I'm so happy that Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year!" said no teacher ever. – author unknown
Yard of the Month
Congratulations to Iva Smith for her lovely maintained yard at 823 Arizona Ash as our October Yard of the Month! She has been a resident for over 17 years and it is her first time to be recognized.
There are 2 large pots of hibiscus welcoming visitors on the front porch. Notice the low maintenance landscaping plants: Mexican petunias, nandinas, plumbago and crepe myrtles.
Thank you Iva for also inviting us to view your park like setting backyard…as your husband called it, “Heaven on Earth!”
It is so nice to see our residents take pride in their yards.
1331 Arizona Ash
Are you interested in starting a Mom’s Club in the neighborhood? There has been lots of interest. Contact the office and we’ll help you get one started!
Neighborhood Women's Bible Study
Anyone interested in starting a Bible Study, please contact the office.
Classic Car Club
If you are interested in being involved in a Classic Car Club, please contact Ronnie Gray at email@example.com. It is not necessary to own your own classic car to join.
Mens and women’s tennis leagues.
Hidden Forest Office
Tuesday & Thursday
9:30 - 2:30 pm